Thursday, May 10, 2018

Sphinx Moth Caterpillar

Found this beautiful fella in a sweet potato patch. 


It's quite a handsome one. And big. What did I do about it? Nothing. I left it alone to do its thing. Yes, these guys do eat some of the sweet potato leaves, but the damage isn't great enough to affect the sweet potato vines. I have plenty of sweets, enough to share. I don't believe in killing every living thing that I find in my gardens. As long as we can get along, they can live their lives. My farm supports more than just people.

1 comment:

  1. I believe all gardeners and farmers should practice good karma both taking and giving. Give back to nature and she will give to you. Thank you for having this philosophy of letting some critters go about their business of making a living!

    ReplyDelete