Sunday, November 19, 2017

Wood Rot

If one doesn't want to deal with wood rot, then don't live in the tropics! Even the so-called treated exterior wood rots here, especially if it gets wet repeatedly. It just does it a bit slower. 


Today I noticed some fungus "blooming" on the step outside the bedroom exterior door. A sure sign of trouble. The step was made from recycled wood, so I'm not complaining. In fact, I think this was the third project I used that particular piece of wood. But it's finally reached its end. 


But ya know, this fungus is really pretty. Tiny, but pretty. Destructive, but pretty. Hey, it's just doing what fungus is suppose to do.....eat wood. 

Just wanted to show you what I watch out for around here. Any fungus growing on the wood means that I need to inspect it closely, then either treat the fungus or replace the wood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment