Sunday, June 2, 2019

Quick Update

First of all, I'm alive and well. Things around here are ok. I've been too occupied to blog. In fact, I've been too occupied to work the farm much at all. For the past 10+ days, hubby has been having a bit of a stay-at-home vacation. Ah-ha.....now you know why I was occupied .......a hubby under foot all day. Ha,ha,ha,ha. Worse than having a flock of bummer lambs! But to give credit where it is due, he did try to be helpful at times. 

Over the next few days I'll catch ya'll up to date on farm happenings. 


1 comment:

  1. Aloha Sue! I just came across your blog whilst doing some chicken research (newbie here). I live in Kona so I was delighted to find your Hawaii-based blog. I had one quick question. I purchased 11 eggs to appease a wild broody hen that hangs out in our garage closet. It is day 22 and still no signs of piping. She pooped on her nest on day 19, some of the eggs are quite spoilt and the nest is pretty poopy. My hen will not get up as she is wild. I'm worried about the chicks hatching in an unhealthy environment but I don't want to risk picking up the eggs and harming them so late in the game. Will they be ok? The poop is nearly dried. Should I remove the 2 extremely poopy eggs? I forgot to mention I didn't candle the eggs so I'm not even sure if they are all fertilized and now I'm worried about them exploding.

    ReplyDelete