Sunday, June 16, 2019

Cats Around the Farm

This farm hosts quite a few cats. Their number one purpose is vermin control. In that I can't use poisons or snap traps due to the dogs and livestock, I use an environmentally safe method called "cats". While not actively hunting vermin, they can be found doing all sorts of funny jobs about the place.

Roof patrol....


Property surveillance .....


Lawnmower maintenance....


Sheep herding .....


Donkey whisperer.....


Just plain lazy.....


The cats are indeed an important element of this homestead. You might think they're just lazy bums sponging off the silly humans, but they eliminate a goodly number of rats, thus earning their keep. Without these cats, I'd be losing a whole lot of veggies and livestock feed, not to mention the damage rats do to wiring, roofing, insulation, etc. 








  

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Ours are pretty much identical to yours in function. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always enjoyed seeing your cats, so I decided to post a few photos of my own.

    ReplyDelete