Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My Dill !

A Greek omelet topped with fresh dill........MY dill !!! , being served at one of our local restaurants here. 


And let me tell you, it was yummy! Yes, fresh dill makes a huge difference. 

But it also makes me proud of myself. I'm not a natural salesman. So actually getting my produce into a commercial establishment is a big deal for me. 

So far the restaurant is taking dill, basil, cilantro, chervil, parsley, and daikon. Plus they're looking for more. Hot-diggity-dog. That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. 

I'm going to focus on planting extra for the restaurant while still growing the things I have been for my trading network. I don't wish to let my trading system die out. It's working really well. 

Another outlet is in the works. I've been invited to set up a retail spot at a local coffee venue. It would be a casual affair, just a tent and table set up between the parking area and the picnic tables. A nice laid back way of connecting with some of the locals. Last year a person was selling their carrots there and it was popular. He's no longer doing that and the coffee people would like to have local fresh veggies being offered at their location once again. So I'm gearing up to try it. Oooo, my head is spinning. People actually want my veggies. That is so amazing. 

2 comments:

  1. "why are your raspberries so good?" Because I pick only the ripe ones 2 hours before delivery to the co-op pick up site.
    "I always check what you list first when I am ordering and I do it the minute ordering opens so I don't miss out." Thank you for your loyalty. That's how it goes; you don't have to be a sails person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hans, thanks for the great idea! I'm going to check with the restaurant to see if they wish to check an early morning email with a list of what's available, or perhaps a text message instead. Great idea!

      Delete