Monday, August 15, 2016

Rock Wall Update - Secret Garden

I'm pleased to announce that I've finally completed one long stretch of the rock wall along the driveway and secret garden. Boy, that was a lot of rocks! When I started I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I'm pleased with how it looks. 


I've moved most of my orchids to the top of the rock wall. This way, when they bloom, I get to see them more often. I'm up and down the driveway several times during each day. 


Today I noticed that a couple orchids are blooming. How really neat! I have no idea how to encourage them to bloom, so they're doing it all on their own. 


But I'm not done building rock walls along the driveway. I'm only half done on the section that runs past the secret garden. So I'm bringing my excess rock up for the next section. About 15' of wall has been built on the next section so far. David surprised me and stacked the big rocks for me in this new section, and I filled in the center of the wall with small rocks. Hey, great teamwork!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment