Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Avocado Season

We're coming to the end of this time's avocado season. For weeks now we've been feasting on avos to the point that were really tired of them. But I know from prior seasons that it won't be long before we will be longing for them again, so in preparation, I'm freezing some mashed avocado.

The simplest way I've discovered so far is to simply mash the avos into a pulp, spoon it into a small freezable containers, then squeeze a little lime or lemon juice on top. The citrus is to prevent the avo from turning brown. 

Not the prettiest jars around, but they work fine enough for this purpose. 

By using small containers, I can defrost the amount we will eat when I prepare guacamole for a dinner. I don't have enough freezer space to store enough to last until next harvest, but at least we will be able to enjoy many more servings of guac & chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment