Sunday, April 19, 2020

Coronavirus Has Arrived

Sad to say, but coronavirus has arrived in my little town. I can't tell you more because our health department won't release more information. People here find it very frustrating that we don't have access to more information so that we can better educated steps to protect ourselves. We're blinded. 

Since we have no particulars, I'm seeing two different reactions from the people I know.  
....group 1- taking more severe precautions. Becoming paranoid. 
....group 2- blowing the whole thing off and becoming far less cautious. The reasoning? I can't do anything and the officials don't care. So it looks like I'm going to get it too, so I'll just enjoy myself now until I get sick. 

In my opinion, group 2's reaction is why the officials should be providing more information. People are so stressed out that many are simply giving up. They are going to be the ones spreading the virus. 

So how am I doing? Outside of being depressed last night, and angry today, I'm doing fine. Really. I hope to stay angry. It's better than losing hope. 

4 comments:

  1. Hope and anger can coexist! Glad to see you back blogging btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, stay angry, at least that way you have energy to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please join our Hawaii new gardeners group https://www.facebook.com/groups/681831069255792
    We would love to connect with you!

    ReplyDelete