Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Back in the Saddle Again

Ok, I need to force myself back in the habit of blogging. First it was the farmers market that kept me away, simply because I was devoting all my free time to creating it. Then along came coronavirus and boom!......no more market. But my free time got gobbled up trying to set up schedules for checking in on many of the now housebound seniors, bringing them supplies, picking up their medical prescriptions, hauling their trash to the dump, etc. Right about now I've settled into a routine and once again find that I can have time for myself. Whoopee! 

This past week I'm back to farming. Whipping this place back into shape going to be a long uphill battle. Weeds moved in and thrived. Crops got picked but neglected. Perennials could use some cleaning up. Everything is crying for mulch. Hee, hee, hee, hee --- I'm in my glory......the plants need me! 

While I'm gleefully back to farming, I haven't picked up the habit again of blogging about it. Evening comes and for some reason my interest turns to other things -- creating a new soup, playing puzzle games. I even dragged out the sewing machine and mended clothes. Egads, next thing you know I'll start housecleaning! This coronavirus lockdown has caused me to go insane. That must be the answer because housecleaning and I aren't known to be bosom buddies. (By the way, I scrubbed the kitchen floor last night.)

So this is my first post back in the saddle. I'll start taking photos of the farm tomorrow and give everyone an update. 

4 comments:

  1. Housecleaning! Gosh, I hope it's not contagious! :)

    Blogging can become a tiresome chore. I feel that way too, sometimes, but my other focus is writing, which is more than enough time at the computer as it is. Anyway, I'm glad you blog because you're one of the few bloggers that I can truly relate to in terms of goals, motives, viewpoint, and lifestyle. Even though we live in such different parts of the world that our problems and challenges aren't the same, that's what makes it all the more interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels good to be blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy I found your blog! I started from the beginning and am reading my way through it. We just bought land there and are probably (hopefully) going to be neighbors. My sister has lived in that area for over 20 years (off and on, she works in Oahu) and I wanted to move closer to her and try my hand at living simply. Your blog has given me a very realistic view of the challenges I will be facing and I am forever grateful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete