Saturday, December 16, 2017

This Week's Harvest

I'm often asked what were harvesting right now.....or slightly differently worded, what we are currently growing. Just like my readers, I'm ever curious about what others are doing on their places. So from time to time, I'll post what's coming out of the numerous farm projects. 

Fruits:
Lemons
Honey tangerines...my first! Just 10 tangerines for the first harvest.
Oranges
Mini guavas
Bananas
Lilikoi
Above... little but delicious, the mini guavas. I don't know what their common name is, but they are small, yellow skinned, pale yellow flesh, sweet & tasty. 

Veggies:
Snap beans - yellows, greens, and purples. Both round podded and flat romano type.
Peas - snaps and snows 
Potatoes - golden fleshed
Sweet Potatoes - orange fleshed
Green onions
Leeks
Kale
Turmeric
Pumpkins
Amaranth greens
Chaya greens
Sweet potato greens
Okinawan spinach
Broccoli
Taro
various herbs

Above, my first honey tangerines. 

We still have plenty of various meats in the freezer, so we won't be harvesting any livestock for quite a while. 

What have we started this past week? .....
Lettuces
Radishes
Several bok choys
Various Asian greens
Onions
Spinach
Beets
Broccoli
Kales
Beans
Peas
Basil
Cilantro
Dill
Carrots
And in the greenhouse : 
Cucumbers
Cherry tomatoes
Zucchini squash

Above, another bunch of bananas ready for harvest. I will cut the bunch down now and let them hang in the shade until they start turning yellow. It won't take long. By harvesting them green but mature, I can prevent the birds and rats from eating them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment