Sunday, October 8, 2017

Harvesting Turmeric -Step 1

The first time I grew turmeric, I had not a clue what to expect. Besides the fact that I grew it all wrong, I didn't know what to look for as a sign that harvest was pending. The first time I saw the tips of the leaves dying, I actually thought it was either vog burn or a disease of some sort. Actually, it was the beginning of the plants natural dying back. The vast majority of the leaves didn't tip die, but it was the first sign I saw. 


At the start, a few leaves here and there look like something burned the tips. But before long the entire patch started yellowing. 


Next I saw entire plants yellowing and browning. 


Not all the plants were on the same time scheduke, but eventually they all die back. 

I'm waiting until the entire plant has died before I harvest the root. 

No comments:

Post a Comment