Saturday, May 6, 2017

Final Lamb of the Season

Our final lamb of this lambing season has been born. A nice size black ram with a white cap. Not that I need another ram, but he's cute and healthy. 


While I would prefer ewe lambs so that I would have the option to add more ewes to the flock, ram lambs are also valuable. This is, after all, a homestead farm. Some of the lambs will go to provide food for people. Personally I find it easier to see young rams serve that purpose. 


I know that this topic makes many people uncomfortable. But it's a part of life here. I accept the fact that humans are designed to be omnivores. And if I'm putting meat on the dinner table, I'd prefer it to home raised. I prefer knowing that the animal had a comfortable life and a quick humane death. 

1 comment:

  1. Very significant Information for us, I have think the representation of this Information is actually superb one. This is my first visit to your site. Magic Mushrooms Canada

    ReplyDelete