Monday, August 31, 2020

Fixed .....Maybe

I’ve upgraded to a newer iPad, so it looks like I’m back in business. It’s still an older iPad, but it has the latest OS and browsers on it. As long as it works, I’m happy. So I’m just now checking out how this thing works. It’s a bit different, but not all that different.  So I should catch on without much difficulty. It does annoy me that some new programmer trying to be a hotshot goes and changes things meaninglessly. Like a thingy that was on the upper left of the screen now is on the upper right. Huh? Why? To me that’s like buying a newer version of my pickup truck and finding that the brake pedal is now on the right instead of the left. Or perhaps moving the “e” key on the keyboard to the other side. Doesn’t make sense. Why change something that already works just fine? Oh well, guess I’m just a dinosaur. Anyway, I’ll just have to get use to the changes, since I haven’t been given a choice. My only condolence is knowing that when those young programmers get old in the future, they’ll be annoyed when somebody comes along and changes things on them. I can only wish that they are considerably inconvenienced! 

Tomorrow I’ll try uploading photos, entering text, and publishing. 

9 comments:

  1. Su Ba is there a way I can contact you? I have so many questions about buying a homestead. I live on oahu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am originally from kauai and just turned 40. Im looking to to purchase a few acres in hopes of going to the big island in the future. Is it hard to find people willing to use my property in exchange for looking after it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    Are you still growing sunflowers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are ok - really miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some questions about sheep;namely ewes & lambs. Got a flock w pregnant ewes & was instructed that they didn’t need any extra care or supplement. Stupidly listened to this advice. Just today we lost the first live lamb a few hours and lots of effort after his birth at around/before I approached at 7am. A few weeks ago there was a stillborn. We are on Oahu, north shore. Would love to avoid (know it’s a part of farm life, however) this sad occurrence happening again at all costs. What extras (vitamins, shots, nutrition) can I provide for the health of my herd?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Su, I went through your blog posts in the course of two days, and I wanted to ask you more about sheep. We're in the same area on Big Island, since due to COVID, we have spent more time here than on Oahu where I usually live. For five months I hand-reared an orphan lamb, who sadly died two days ago, and I'm kicking myself for not knowing as much as I could about them. Our family veterinarian retired years ago, and since my parents are getting older, I'm trying to help out as much as possible on the farm. It's difficult because I don't know much about raising livestock, but I'm willing to learn. I know you haven't blogged in a while, so I hope you're okay. If you have time, I'd love for any tips regarding sheep rearing or recommendations for a vet in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Path of Exile, players can buy POE Currency to quickly upgrade.

    Attached link: https://www.poecurrency.com/

    ReplyDelete