Wednesday, December 7, 2016

More Progress on David's Project

Came back from the farmers market today to find that David managed to make a little more progress on the back porch stairs before it rained. The month and a half where we had almost no rain allowed us to get lots of work done, but here we are again trying to work between showers and wet days. Work is slow when you're looking to dry gaps in the rain. 


I like this picture, not because it shows the new stairs, but because in the background. I can see the hill stairs, new screenhouse, the dry river bed just beyond the screenhouse, the open field, then the garden beds and macnut trees. Yup, this is our view from the house. Not bad, eh? 



I haven't tried using the steps yet, but I can already see that I'm going to like them. When I come around the house it seems natural to take the steps into the house rather than walking around to the front door. 

I haven't done any of the work on this project. The design is strictly up to David. When I ask him what's next, he just smiles and almost bubbles with delight.......he's got something up his sleeve. Guess I'll just have to wait to see the surprise he has planned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment