Thursday, February 4, 2016

Update - Walkin Closet

Yesterday there was a major stride in the building of the walk-in closet. The floor got installed!  


I had recently made a trip into town and stopped at Home Depot to pick up the flooring. I opted for the TrafficMaster snap together flooring. I had tried that brand in our hallway and it is holding up just fine. Although the store salesperson tried to steer me towards a snap together laminated wood flooring, I knew better than to go with that sort of product. While it might be "nicer" in many people's mind, laminate wood flooring is a disaster for my area. It is far too moist here. The floor quickly cups and is ruined. 

(Very pretty grain pattern. This one is "oak".)

Anyway, the floor is now down. Wahoo! Once I get the next load of cedar tongue & groove, the ceiling and trim will get completed. Then it's time to sheath the rafters and trim them. Ah-ha. Done. Well, except for installing the ceiling lights. Then it's time to make shelving and move in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment