Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spot

The latest kitten to be added to the farm went off this week to the cat spay/neuter clinic with me. If she's gonna hang around this homestead, she's gotta be spayed. So she joined a group of 110 other cats. 

Below, her she is anesthetized, shaved, prepped, and positioned to be spayed. She's next in line. 10 minutes later it's all over. 


Below, she's home a still zonked. Well not completely, but she needs to sleep off her mighty "drunk". She chose to stretch out on a fuzzy blanket. 


By morning, Spot, was back to normal. Eating, playing. Did I say playing? Geez, she's flying around the house, jumping the other cats, grabbing the dog. Post-op instructions say to keep her quiet. That's a joke! 

The reason I'm posting this info is in hopes that others will think about spaying their animals, or help to support free and low cost spay/neuter clinics. Even though I do my share of animal breeding, I'm a firm believer in neutering most cats & dogs. There is no denying that there is a major surplus of cats and dogs in the world. Surplus animals have shitty lives, if they are allowed to live at all. Why perpetuate the misery? I just don't understand people who are so anti-neutering, especially of feral cats and family pets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment