Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A Time to Die, A Time To Be Born

On a homestead, I've become acutely aware of the circle of life. Some things die, some are born. It's an ongoing affair. 

A homestead blog that I enjoy just announced the passing of one of their goats, Gruffy.
http://www.5acresandadream.com/
Death is normal and inevitable. 

Today I'm announcing the birth of a new goat kid. 
This little one was born during the night. When we found it this morning, it was already dry, well nursed, and standing strongly. 

We haven't named this one yet. I'll let my neighbor come up with some suggestions. If it had been a boy, I might have opted for Gruffy. But it's a little girl, so that name seems too harsh for a doeling. I'll let you know what her name turns out to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment