Thursday, August 22, 2013

Kitchen Update - Two Utility Tables

Another small project completed! Two small utility tables to sit beside the refrigerator and freezer.

View from the pantry side. Notice the vent on the bottom of the table for the Steca. 
I quickly discovered that having a flat surface nearby is a must for the chest units. Sometimes the item you want is down underneath something else, necessitating the temporary removal of the offending item.  So it's real nice to be able to set it aside while you reach for the item you really want to get.

View from the livingroom side. The two Steca units with the new tables on either side.
I'll eventually put some sort of pad or cover on the top shelf, but I'm not yet sure what. Maybe a hand towel? So something washable? Or a rubber mat? Or a decorative tray? Any suggestions?

Well, it's time for me to take a break from working on the kitchen. Someone else is building the counter top framing since I don't have any experience with that. I suspect I'd mess it up and end up not being able to attach the counter tops or get the sink properly installed. I can muddle along with the simple stuff. And I'm real good at sanding and applying polyurethane finish. But I know when to step aside and let someone else take over. Next week David arrives to build the rest of the big stuff for the kitchen. I think I'll start looking into how to hang the pots and pans from the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment