Friday, May 15, 2020

An Update

All's well on this end. Been checking on the stay-at-home people, dropping off groceries and prescriptions to them. Been helping out people in need of various assistance, like getting their trash to the dump, that sort of thing. (Driving a pickup truck makes me a valuable person!) I've mowed a few extra lawns this week. My main off-the-farm focus has been on getting the local farmers market reopened. Believe me, it's been an interesting challenge involving lots of phone calls. Somewhere in there I've managed to get a bit of farm work done too. 

This week I actually got stuff planted. Wow. I made some progress. 
.....104 green onion seedlings planted into corners here and there
.....50 taro keikis into pots for resale
.....12 sq ft of peas, variety: Oregon Trail
.....14 sq ft of yellow snap beans, variety: Carson
.....36 plugs of Genovese basil planted into a greenhouse
.....10 tomato plants into a greenhouse 

I also dug up a dozen banana keikis to give to a friend. Digging around here isn't easy! I got distracted and ended up digging up a pile of rocks to add to my driveway rock wall project. 

Now if only I can get to those cilantro and beet seedlings and get them into the garden. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been very busy and still managing to plant a lot! I hope you get your farmers market up and running again soon.

    ReplyDelete