Saturday, December 28, 2019

Macnuts In Bloom

Heading out the driveway today, I noticed that the macadamia nut trees are in bloom. I didn't first discover this with my eyes, but rather, with my nose. The blooms put out a nice scent. Well at least I like it. Don't ask hubby what he thinks. He'd be happy without macnut trees on the farm. But since he can't get away from them (we live next door to 5 acres of macnut trees), he not tempted to chop down ours in the middle of the night. It wouldn't eliminate the scent.

Sweet smelling flowers. 

With all the recent rain and with the ground being saturated, we should have a good blooming season this year.

If you look carefully, you can see a yellowjacket visiting the fliers. 
I know that I've written about macnuts blooming in the past, but I wanted to document when they started blooming again this season. This blog helps me keep track of things on the farm. Far better than a journal. 

1 comment:

  1. In my sporadic blog visits, I think I missed previous posts about this. I do love macadamias, but for us they're an exotic treat!

    ReplyDelete