Monday, December 30, 2019

End of Year Planting Records

Every year I add things to the farm, so this past year was no exception. But I focused on perennial edible plants rather than resource plants this time around. And I didn't grow nearly as many annual veggies because I had overstocked the freezer from the previous year and wanted to eat the surplus down. 

So this is what I got planted : 

Banana trees - 4
Basil- 12 plants
Beans for seed production - 10 foot row
Beans for eating (snap) - 10 pallet boxes (36 plants per box) 
Beets- 40' row
Bok choy- 24 plants
Brazilian cherry tree - 1
Broccoli- 72 plants
Carrots - 3 old coolerfuls (I use old coolers for certain crops)
Chard- 12 plants
Chaya - 32 cuttings
Chocolate mint- 4 six inch clumps
Cholesterol spinach - 400 square feet
Cucumbers - 18 plants
Dill - 8 plants
Eggplant - 3 plants
Finger Lime tree - 1
Gourd - 3 plants
Green onions - 520 plants 
Ground cherry - 12 plants
Liliko i- 2 vines
Lima beans - 40' row plus 5 individual seeds
Onions - 50 plants
Papaya - 20 seedlings
Peas, snap - 8 foot row plus one pallet box 
Peppermint - 2 six inch clumps
Pineapples - 239 starts
Pipinolas - 21 
Potatoes - 448 plants
Pumpkins - 8 plants 
Summer squash - 8 plants
Sweet peppers - 24 plants
Taro - 97 plants
Tomatoes - 40 plants 
Turmeric - 55 foot row
Winged beans - 15 plants (the goat ate these before they were 1' high!) 

Keep in mind that these are additions. They are not the total of what is growing on this farm. For example, I planted 4 banana trees, but I already had numerous clumps already growing from previous years' plantings. 

2 comments:

  1. 448 potato plants? Wow! This is a great list! Actually, that's a great idea. In my case I'd have to subtract for things that didn't make it. Apparently, I don't have a green thumb. On the other hand, I'm grateful for everything that manages to survive our hot dry summers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stuff that doesn't make it too. Either pests, too much rain, or a wayward goat gets some of the things. One time the goat got into the garden are either ate or ruined everything! That's what I call a real crop failure.

    ReplyDelete