Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Recycled Flower Basket

An acquaintance stopped me in town today to give me a bundle of artificial flowers that she found at the local thrift shop. She knew that I loved flowers. When she spied the bundle, she just knew it wanted to go live at my place. So she spent all of one dollar and bought me this surprise. I was touched that she thought of me. 

Yes, I love seeing flowers. There's a feeling of happiness and peace that comes over me when I contemplate flowers. I can still recall the amazing feeling of being completely at peace when I sat below the blossoming cherry trees in Washington DC and watched the flower petals falling like snow around me. At other times I would visit Longwood Gardens and spend  hours, often the entire day, communing with the flowers. While my college friends often turned to drugs or music for escape from the stress of college, I went to Longwood Gardens. (Students got in for free back in those days.) 

To this day I'm attracted to flowers. So this gift of artificial flowers was much appreciated. As soon as I returned home, I snagged my onion storage basket from the kitchen, gathered moss from around the house, and created a hanging basket for by my front door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment