Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Addressing Fear


Spied this saying at one of our local stores. It surely applies to those who tell me that they want to have a small farm, but haven't done it yet. So many people have told me that it's been their dream for years but that they are still stuck working their 9 to 5 job and living in the city, the suburbs, or where ever, still not taking the big step toward change. 

Fear of homesteading? I'd say it's fear of failure, not of the actual work of farming. As Joe Saladin says, anything worth doing is worth failing first. And my take on it is that every failure brings me one step closer to success. 

I'm not perfect when it comes to fear. I use to predominantly adhere to the first meaning, but I've gradually changed. Now I tend toward the second meaning more so than not. But number one still has a bit of a hold in me. And admittedly it was the thrust behind the move that popped me out of NJ. But when it comes to homesteading, I'm 100% into "face everything and rise". 

"The choice is yours"........ how true, how true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment