Monday, October 28, 2019

Coffee Season Has Started

I'm picking my first coffee cherries now. This year the trees are producing heavily. I guess it's because we've been having a lot of rain, with it happening almost every day. Sun in the mornings, overcast in the afternoon, rain by evening.


Most of the trees are heavily loaded. Since the cherries ripen slowly over time, it looks like I'll be picking coffee for many weeks to come. 


The sad thing about our coffee crop this year is that hubby and I won't be the ones drinking it. Hubby has changed to decaf because of heart issues. I've cut out coffee due to reflex disease. So it looks like our coffee will be used for Christmas presents this year....or be used as a trade item. If I can find people willing to trade in green bean, rather than roasted, I'll continue to grow coffee. If not, I'll phase this crop out. I really don't want to be roasting coffee when I can't drink it myself. It's too much of a tease. 

1 comment: