I'm a big proponent of mushrooms on the farm. They improve my soil and help breakdown the woody comonents of my compost, mulch, and hugelpit contents. BUT not all locations are good. Today I discovered a tiny mushroom colony growing at the base of one of the natural posts of the bridge across the pond.
This means that the fungus is eating my post and eventually the post will give way. I don't know if it's too late to save the post, but at least I can delay its demise. I plan to inject liquid borate into the base. This should kill any fungus it can reach. But I doubt it will reach it all.