Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Tree Branch Railings

I liked the woodsy effect that the crooked tree branches made at the back entrance of the house, so it wasn't  long before my mind started thinking of other spots to use the idea. Well, I think I've gone overboard, but I can always remove some if that proves to be the case. 

This is the back steps......

The stairs going down the hillside seemed the perfect spot to add tree branches.....

And more.....

And more.....

And why not jazz up the bridge going over the fish pond? I need to get two more tiki torches to finish it off. I bet it's going to look really nice when we go down to eat dinner in the screenhouse. 

Finding crooked tree branches is easy on my place. There are lots of overcrowded ohia saplings in the pastures. Taking out the misshapened little trees to use for these railings will actually help the pastures and give more room for the other trees to grow. A win-win situation. 




No comments:

Post a Comment